The Diabetes Health Profile (DHP)
The Diabetes Health Profile (DHP) assesses the impact of diabetes on everyday social and emotional functioning in a variety of settings, from clinical practice, population surveys to clinical trials, it is simple to complete and score. Developed in accordance with industry guidelines, it has been completed by more than 15,000 patients and is available in more than 30 languages.
Available Versions of the DHP
- DHP-1 (32-items). Suitable for use with Type 1 and insulin requiring Type 2
- DHP -18 (18-items). Suitable for use with Type 1 and Type 2 (Insulin requiring, tablet and diet)
- DHP-3D (3-items); DHP-5D (5-items). Developed for the calculation of Quality Adjusted Life Years (QALYs)
Modes of Administration
The DHP is available in a number of administration modes including: paper-pencil; face-to-face interviews; hand held and tablet.
The DHP is available in 32 languages which have undergone extensive linguistic validation in accordance with currently accepted methodology accepted by the MOT and other international groups, ISPOR guidelines and the standards accepted by regulatory agencies such as the FDA.
Typical Applications of the DHP
- Measure improvement or decline in the psychological and behavioural functioning of patients
- Screen for unmet need
- Demonstrate drug efficacy
- Assess treatment effectiveness
- Assess intervention programmes
- Enhance treatment adherence by improving communication between you and your patients
Get in touch
A Case Study
Factors associated with psychological and behavioural dysfunctioning of people with Type 2 diabetes living in France. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2010; 8: 124.