Is health outcome measurement part of your research programme?
If so, we can help you get targeted answers
to patient outcomes and behaviour
WHO WE ARE
Health Outcomes Insights is an independent research consultancy serving academia, life science researchers, healthcare agencies and the pharmaceutical industry across a range of conditions and diseases – with particular expertise in diabetes – get targeted answers to patient behaviour, experience and health outcomes.
WHAT WE DO
Questionnaire Design Service
Ask the right questions. Discover new insights.
Questionnaires are one of the most common methods to collect data from a large number of people. However, a poorly designed questionnaire will result in the collection of unreliable and invalid data as well as poor response rates leading to loss of information.
Do you need to administer a patient satisfaction or healthcare needs survey or are you conducting market research or involved in the development of health outcomes measures? Our survey design consultants would be happy to help you with all of those things and more through our questionnaire design service.
- Questionnaire Editing
If you have a questionnaire which you would like to be reviewed before fielding it, our QuestReview™ service might be for you. Using QuestReview™ we go through your questionnaire in detail. We then provide you with a detailed report of suggested edits and comments followed by a phone call to discuss the suggested edits and comments.
2. Full Questionnaire design
If you are starting from scratch we will work with you using our QuestDevelop™ process to design the questionnaire to ensure the information you get is reliable and valid. This will include detailed discussions with you to determine the purpose of the survey. This will be followed by the development of drafts of the questionnaire in consultation with you until the final version is developed.
Why Health Outcomes Insights?
- Our questionnaire design service is built on our many years of experience, so you can be confident the data your questionnaire collects will fully answer the research question you are asking
- We work with you throughout the design and evaluation process so you can be assured all the pitfalls of poor questionnaire design are avoided
- We provide traditional paper-based questionnaire as well as online, email and mobile design support
The first 6 steps for successful questionnaire design
Join Our Community
Why not sign up to receive our occasional white papers and updates on the development of health outcome measures and health survey questionnaires in general.
Got a new, existing or modified questionnaire?
Will it provide you with the information you need?
Validate for Interpretable DataOur award-winning evidence-based questionnaire design analysis tool that helps you efficiently optimise your questionnaire for various purposes, including:
- Pre-translatability assessment (TA) – Identify and address problems with your source questionnaire and enhance TA
- Pre-cognitive interviewing (CI) - Minimise rounds of CI and save time and costs
- Pre-testing/Fielding – Save time and costs by pretesting or fielding a fully optimised questionnaire
- Value dossier development- Be sure your questionnaire is aligned with industry regulations and best practice guidelines
Don’t have the time or resources to develop a new questionnaire?
We can help!Our survey design specialists will get you set up! With our QuestDevelop™ platform we will apply industry best practices and our fast-track development process. You’ll get:
- Evidence-based questionnaire design
- Valid and reliable participant answers
- Minimised drop-out rates
- Boosted response rates
- Higher levels of participant engagement/Improved decision making
Market & Forecasting Survey Design for the Pharmaceutical Industry
Many pharmaceutical companies currently spend almost twice as much on marketing their products as they do on research and development. As pharmaceutical market research is primarily based on survey design and methodology it is essential the survey has been designed so your research project delivers the best results and you get maximum value. With our evidence-based- questionnaire design platform you can be sure your next market survey provides you with maximum value.
Improve your forecasting accuracy
Leveraging high quality data from survey-based forecasting - whether it’s expert judgement an opinion survey or Delphi study - is an essential part of the forecasting process. Working with you we use our evidence-based questionnaire design platform to help you make more effective and realistic forecasting decisions.
Clinical Outcome Assessment (COA) Development
The development of health outcomes measures takes time, therapeutic and psychometric expertise, as well as ensuring that the construct that measures the right thing is captured. We will apply our expertise in developing your COA from Phase I to Phase IV to help you achieve regulatory and commercial success.
- ClinRO: Clinician-Reported Outcome Measures
- PRO / PREM: Patient-Reported Outcome & Experience Measures
- ObsRO: Caregiver / Observer-Reported
- Outcome Measures
Improving Patient Recruitment and Retention in Clinical Research
Achieve high levels of patient recruitment and retention in your clinical trials.
Achieving high levels of patient recruitment and retention in clinical trials is essential for successful completion. We’ll help you devise a patient recruitment strategy by applying peer reviewed and proprietary models of behaviour and decision making that will enhance patient recruitment and retention.
Do you need research support?
Whatever your requirements, we are happy to act in an advisory capacity. We can provide occasional, regular or even continuous assistance with your research. Our services include:
- Recommendations on appropriate research methods
- Consultancy on questionnaire design including the development of health outcome measures
- Story telling – Capture your audience’s attention and keep them engaged
- Data visualisation – Communicate complex information in an accessible and engaging way
- Experience sampling – Find out what patients are really thinking and feeling
- Behavioural Economics – Understand what makes patients tick
The Diabetes Health Profile - Helping you measure with precision, clinical treatment outcomes in diabetes research and care
We are your specialist in diabetes outcome assessments
Are you looking for a diabetes outcome measure with a sound scientific basis to measure clinical treatment outcomes in diabetes? Conforming to the FDA’s Guidance for Industry and best practice guidelines together with proven psychometric and operational performance, the Diabetes Health Profile (DHP) enables you to capture the patients’ perspective of the impact of diabetes on everyday social and emotional functioning as well as generate utility values (QALYS) in a variety of settings including, clinical practice, population surveys and clinical trials.
7 reasons why you should choose the Diabetes Health Profile:
- Select appropriate study endpoints using the DHP’s clearly defined conceptual framework
- Measure what patients really feel and experience
- Be confident patient scores are reliable, valid and meaningful
- Identify meaningful change in patient scores
- Interpret patient scores with greater ease using norm-based scoring
- Get increased response rates because of minimised respondent burden
- Evaluate the cost-effectiveness of treatment interventions
Training and Coaching
Develop your research expertise
Health Outcomes Solutions provides a range of coaching for clinical teams, clinical practice and researchers in making sound decisions in the selection and development of health outcome measures in clinical practice and research including:
- COA selection and evaluation
- Questionnaire design
- Development of health outcome measures
- An introduction to Behavioural Economics for healthcare market research and communication
- Story telling for effective decision making